Browning butter creates a delicious caramelized flavor in baked goods! People use brown butter in chocolate chip cookies and blondies mostly, but it can really be used in anything! Browning butter is super quick and easy, but it is a bit intimidating because it can burn very easily. Today I will walk you through each step so your brown butter comes out great!
To ‘make’ this you will need:
- A light colored saucepan or pot. It need to be light colored at the bottom so you can see the brown bits.
- A rubber silicone spatula, or a wooden spoon.
- You will need a deep, light colored saucepan or pot for this recipe.
- Melt your butter on medium low heat until fully melted. Turn the heat to medium.
- Once the butter starts to lightly bubble, begin stirring with a heat proof silicone spatula. Keep stirring consistently, giving it a 30 second break ever 45 seconds. It sounds precise but trust me. After the butter is popping and bubbling, around 3-4 minutes, it should start to get a little foamy. Keep stirring. Once you notice amber colored bits at the bottom of the pan, set a timer for exactly one minute. Stir for that one minute and immediately remove from the heat. It should look like the butter pictured above.
- Allow to cool completely before baking with it!
1 thought on “How to Brown Butter”
You are doing so much more with baking than I ever did! Amazing. I love you!
LikeLiked by 1 person