(Five stars from two reviews)
Have you ever really wanted cake but didn’t have time to make one? Did the thought of making an entire cake feel pointless for a single serving? I am pretty sure we have all felt that way before. Well here is a ‘cake’ recipe that is ready in 5 minutes (wow!), and is single-serving! (so you don’t have to share 😉 ) You make it in a mug, microwave it, and it is just like cake! In fact it is very moist and perfect for an after-dinner treat!
The ingredients you will need is flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, milk, and vanilla. You can also dollop some whipped cream on top or your favorite frosting! You can also use my buttercream recipe!
1/4 cup + 1/2 tablespoon of flour
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
1/8 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of melted butter
3 tablespoons of milk
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mug.
- Add in the melted butter (cooled down), the milk, and the vanilla extract.
- Stir until combined. You want to make sure there isn’t any flour at the bottom of the mug because once you microwave it, you will find clumps of flour at the bottom and it is disgusting)
- Microwave for 65 seconds, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. You may need to add more time.
- Top with some whipped cream or frosting! Enjoy!
*as soon as you are finished with your mug cake, place your mug in the sink and fill with water. This makes it easier to clean it.
– 1 teaspoon of sprinkles for confetti!
– Some blueberries for a blueberry muffin!
-Fill the mug halfway, add a dollop of nutella, then fill the rest of the way!
Here is a quick video I created:
I also included a chocolate mug cake video:
5 thoughts on “Vanilla Mug Cake (plus videos)”
I made this vanilla mug cake and it was so moist and yummy! I added sprinkles in to make it confetti cake 😄
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yayy so glad you liked it! ❤
We LOVE this mug cake! We would TOTALLY recommend making this for the baking challenge, it is so moist and yummy! We made this for a take your child to work day event that was on zoom, and we finished it before we were on the meeting!