If you love my chocolate chip cookie dough recipe, this one is for you and all other chocolate lovers! This edible cookie dough tastes like brownie batter, but makes a small batch to satisfy your cravings anytime. This is also fool-proof, you can make it whatever thickness or creaminess that you like!
As you know with my chocolate chip cookie dough post, I melted the butter and sugar together to avoid grit from the sugar. However here, I do not recommend doing that. It caused a super sticky dough to form, not to mention that it was very oily. I just cream the butter and sugars for a longer time to fully incorporate them.
I love this because you can treat it like ice cream! Enjoy!
- 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour, heat treated
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (one stick) of unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips
- To heat treat your flour, bake it in a 350 F preheated oven on a lined baking sheet for about 5-7 minutes. This kills bacteria making it edible.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and salt for about 2-4 minutes on medium-high speed to make sure everything is incorporated. The butter should be a bit more pale in color.
- Add in the heat treated (COOLED) flour and gently stir until mostly combined. If it is very thick, then add the milk and vanilla and beat until incorporated. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Serve and enjoy!