Not only are these golden brown cookies filled with oreo pieces and chocolate, but I have created a new chocolate chip cookie base! My original one was too dry, and I have to say I am proud of this new one- it took a few good weeks of testing but I promise it is great!
What is better than America’s two most favorite cookies combined together? Oreo + Chocolate chip cookies seem like heaven in a piece, perfect dunked into some cold milk. The hardest part of these cookies is waiting for the dough to chill, which unfortunately is necessary.
Comment below your favorite type of cookies that I don’t have here on my blog, and I will post a recipe for that!
- 2 1/4 cups of flour, measured properly
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of softened butter
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar (I use dark, but light will work)
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, room temp
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup of oreo pieces
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, and vanilla for about 2 minutes on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add the egg and egg yolk and cream until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients in thirds, beating on low with your mixer. On the third addition, fold it in with a rubber spatula. Then fold in your chocolate and oreo pieces.
- Cover the bowl and chill for at least one hour. I know that is hard, but it is worth it. While the dough is chilling, preheat your oven 325 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the balls of dough (chilled) into 2 tablespoon sized pieces. Space them at least 2 inches apart. Then, bake for 12-13 minutes or until golden brown edges appear.
- Cool and enjoy!!