One of the reasons I don’t make a lot of cakes in my house is because we always have so much left over, and end up throwing it out. What I love about these mini cakes is its a 5 bite treat, and makes only 6-8 (depending on what size pan, or how much batter filled). So with a family of 5, plus 2 grandparents, these will disappear within the day you make them!
I made these for my birthday last week and I loved them. I am a huge fan of red velvet desserts, so what I loved about this recipe is that is was so easy to make, and does not require buttermilk. Look it up, every red velvet recipe requires buttermilk but this one. This recipe is adapted by the sugarspunrun recipe, and it has become my new favorite.
I don’t have a lot to say in today’s post, because this recipe is not mine, but I hope you enjoy these!
- 3/4 cup of whole, or 1% milk
- 3/4 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of red food coloring
- 1 1/4 cup of flour
- 3/4 cup of white, granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt, finely ground
- 4 tablespoons of melted and cooled butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease and flour a 12 count square cupcake pan.
- Combine the milk, vinegar, and food coloring in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk, and set aside for later.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, sugars, cocoa powder, and salt and set aside.
- Add the cooled melted butter and oil and stir well until combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Add the milk mixture and slowly stir until combined. Move to a whisk and make sure to break up any clumps.
- Pour evenly into the square pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and frost, then enjoy!
Also today I would like to thank the blogger behind the blog, “Fat Cow Co,” for always liking my posts and for following me! I really appreciate it! 🥰
2 thoughts on “Mini Red Velvet Cakes Recipe”
Yum red velvet is definitely one of my favorites!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! It’s one of mine too 🙂