Sorry that I have not posted in a long time! I have been in Florida, spending time at the beach with my cousins. I actually ‘photographed’ this recipe in Florida, at my grandparent’s house, and I was feeling a bit rushed so I apologize if these photos aren’t the best. I also had 4 younger cousins/siblings drooling over these when they came out of the oven, so I had to take photos quick :).
Even though these cookies are made from a cake mix, I promise they taste just like any other cookie. The caramel comes from Rolo candies (chocolate covered caramels). I found with the chocolate fudge cake mix, the cookie part tasted a lot like oreo!
I used a 15.25 ounce box of Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix. You can certainly use any other flavor of mix, but I am not sure if other brands will work as well. The best thing about these cookies? They are ready in under 15 minutes and are only five ingredients! If you don’t want your cookies to spread as much as mine did, you can chill them for about half an hour for slightly thicker cookies.
I wish I had more to say, these cookies are pretty easy so I don’t have a lot to talk about. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this post, and have a nice day! 🙂
Makes about 12 cookies
One 15.25 ounce of Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix*
1/2 cup of canola or vegetable oil
About 15 rolo candies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare two baking trays, lined with parchment paper. You can also use foil, just lightly grease it with butter before placing the dough on the tray.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together the cake mix, oil, and eggs until it forms a nice sticky dough. If desired, chill the dough for about half an hour for slightly thicker cookies than the ones pictured.
- Roll the dough into balls hat are about two tablespoons big. Place a Rolo into the middle of the dough and reform into a ball.
- Place the balls of dough at least 3 inches apart (even if you chilled them, they will spread!) on the baking tray(s).
- Bake for about 9-11 minutes. The cookies may be a little soft when they come out of the oven, they will continue to cook as they cool. You don’t want these cookies to be crispy.
If you may these, please let me know in the comments! It really means a lot to me when people comment on my posts, so don’t be afraid to ask a question!