For my sister, Kendall’s, 10th birthday this year, I made her a lemon cake with strawberry frosting. I figured this recipe was worth sharing because the lemon and strawberry were a match made in heaven. This cake will remind you of summer (even though it is fall..ugh) and it is fruity with real flavor.
This recipe is adapted from Sallys Baking Addiction. I demand you check out her blog, I do not have to research for a recipe, I just search her (trustworthy) blog. I made a few changes to make this cake fit our preferences. My version is a bit more moist due to using a bit less flour, a mixture of butter and oil, and the ingredients are combined in a different order.
- 2 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup of canola (or vegetable) oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of buttermilk, room temp
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon zest
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- One batch of my strawberry frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and oil. Once combined, add in the eggs on low speed one at a time. Beat on high for 30 seconds. Then, add the vanilla.
- Add the lemon zest.
- Add a third of the flour mixture, then half the buttermilk. Then, stir in the lemon juice. Once combined, add the rest of the flour, mix, then the rest of the buttermilk.
- Divide between two or three pans and bake for 30 minutes.
- Once baked, cool completely and frost!
4 thoughts on “Strawberry Lemonade Cake”
That’s a really pretty cake!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! 🙂
It looks so delicious, I will definitely try this recipe.