Thanksgiving is coming up soon, so you may be looking up your recipes! There are many amazing recipes out there, but if you want to make cornbread, please do NOT use a box mix. First of all, box mix cornbread is not healthy, but with also this cornbread recipe, you can taste the homemade aspect. This cornbread is moist, fluffy, and buttery and it is So. Easy. Trust me, okay?
This is my little sister, Laurel’s favorite recipe to make with me. It is one bowl, and can be prepped in a matter of minutes. She also loves it of course because she can eat it as soon as it comes out of the oven, rather than having to wait for me to frost cupcakes/cake.
So anyways, please consider using a homemade cornbread recipe (preferably this one, haha) this year! I hope you enjoy today’s recipe, stay tuned for more!
- One stick (1/2 cup) of unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- Two eggs
- One cup of buttermilk, OR one cup of milk + 1 tablespoon of vinegar, stirred
- Pinch of salt
- One cup of all purpose flour
- One cup of cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 or 9 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together your melted butter and sugar until combined. Add the two eggs, and salt. Once all combined, add the buttermilk and baking soda. The mixture will be thin, do not worry. Add the flour and cornmeal and gently fold until combined.
- Spread evenly in the pan and bake for 33-35 minutes. You may need more time.
Enjoy with some butter and honey, or however you like it!
Also everyone just a heads up: please and I mean please do not copy any of my posts or photos. I write and make these recipes, and if I adapt one I always give credit. I’m not over-reacting, many blogs have a notice like this. There have already been instances where my posts have been copied, and now I understand the frustration some bloggers have. Thank you very much everyone, none of you guys are doing this, this is happening with random people. I love all you guys and love this wonderful little blogging community I have. Xo