Today I am sharing my favorite recipe for banana muffins! They are like banana bread in a mini version. I found this recipe on sugarspunrun.com and it is https://sugarspunrun.com/the-best-banana-muffin-recipe/. What I love about these muffins is they are healthy enough to eat for breakfast, but they taste like dessert! I would recommend making these the night before, so you can still have them nice and moist for breakfast!
Ingredients you need:
Bananas: Of course you need these if you want them to taste like banana!
Oil: Gives the muffins extra moisture and fluffiness.
Butter: A must need for most baked goods.
Brown and Regular sugar: The sugar is obviously for sweetness, but the brown sugar gives it a more deep and bold flavor. I would not leave it out.
Vanilla extract: I love how this enhances the flavor, it goes great with banana!
Flour: a must need
Leavening agents: a must need for that nice tall muffin top!
Salt: To slightly cut the sweetness, this is needed.
Buttermilk: You need this to give the muffins flavor and a nice fluff. Do not replace with regular milk. I would recommend to always have a carton of buttermilk in your fridge just in case 🙂
These store well at room temperature for up to 5 days. These are also baked at two different temperatures to get the perfect texture! I hope you enjoy these muffins!
Makes exactly 14 large cupcakes
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, melted and cooled.
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teapspoons of vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of buttermilk
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F
- Line 2 muffin tins. This recipe makes exactly 14 muffins.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder until combined.
- Place the bananas in a large bowl and mash them well. There shouldn’t be many clumps.
- Add the canola oil and butter and stir until combined. (I use a wire whisk by hand).
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk and whisk until combined.
- Add half the dry ingredients and gently stir. Add the rest and stir with a wire whisk to break up any clumps, but be careful not to over mix.
- Divide evenly between the cupcake liners
- Bake for 7 minutes, then switch the temperature to 350 degrees F. Then bake for 7-8 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy!
If you make these, please let me know what you think! Also comment with anything, or any questions! Also a reminder to participate in my baking challenge if you want!