Fudge is made from only 3 ingredients, and is rich and creamy. It takes about 5 minutes to prep, but 3 hours to chill. Though it does take a long time to set, I promise it will be worth it! This fudge is so decadent, but not too sweet like the storebought type! This will be your go-to recipe! (adapted from Live Well Bake Often).
What I love about this fudge is that it is only 3 ingredients!
Sweetened condensed milk: This is what gives it it’s chew and creamy texture. Without it, it would just be hard chocolate.
Chocolate chips: You can use half semi, half milk chocolate chips for this recipe. You can also use all semi-sweet chips for a darker and more bold flavor. You can also use all white chocolate chips. (See variations below)
Butter: This just makes the fudge extra creamy. Technically you do not need it, but it is highly recommended.
There are so many different variations for this fudge! Here are just a few:
- Chocolate fudge with peanut spread on top
- Chocolate fudge with caramel (cooled with it), and topped with pecans or walnuts
- Oreo fudge; white chocolate fudge with oreo pieces
- Dulce Leche; white chocolate fudge with caramel swirled on top
1 1/3 cups of milk chocolate chips*
1 2/3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
2 tablespoons of butter cut into small pieces.
- Line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper and butter.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the butter, condensed milk, and chocolate chips util combined.
- Stir over medium heat, frequently scraping down the sides and the bottom of the pan, until the chocolate chips and butter are melted and the mixture is well combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and chill for at least 3 hours, or until completely set.
- Cut into desired sized pieces and store in the fridge.
*you may use all semi-sweet, or one of the variations listed above.