Today on my blog I’m sharing my favorite banana bread recipe! I wanted to try out a bunch of different banana bread recipes, but after making this one, I knew this one was the best. I took a loaf of this bread to go see my cousins and grandparents and they all loved it, and we finished the loaf within 2 days.
Without the bananas in this recipe, it would just be a vanilla loaf cake. The mashed bananas are the only banana flavor in this bread, there is no artificial flavor. You can make this bread in a 8×8 or 9×9 pan, but the baking time would be lower.
What makes this banana bread so good? It is so moist (from the sour cream) and rich with banana flavor. Try toasting a piece, and buttering it. Its heaven.
This recipe can be made by hand, in an electric mixer, or in a stand mixer! I like to mash the bananas with a mashed potato masher but you can also mash them with a fork or in a stand mixer. Just make sure there aren’t any banana clumps, or else there will be ‘slimy’ pieces of banana in your fluffy bread.
I hope you enjoy this bread, and thank you for visiting my blog! I have provided a short feedback quiz here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDmF4DLEBrhPMFr3nIBaDkgKJXnYauIwdv83-E8mVEjz_D3Q/viewform?usp=sf_link (you may need to copy and paste the link into a new browser window)
I would love for you to fill it out!
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
A small pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 stick (1/2 cup) of unslated butter, softened
3/4 cup of packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup of sour cream
4 large ripe (brown) bananas, mashed. This should be about two cups of mashed banana.
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Optional add-ins: 3/4 cup of chocolate chips, or 2/3 cup of pecans or walnuts.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9×5 loaf pan well
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a bowl, using a hand held mixer or stand mixer, beat together the butter and brown sugar until combined and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time then add the vanilla. Beat in the mashed bananas and the sour cream until just combined.
- Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Do not overmix, but make sure there are no flour pockets in the batter.
- Pour into the greased pan and bake for one hour. Check with a toothpick and if it is still runny, bake for 5 minutes at a time until the toothpick comes out clean.
3 thoughts on “The Best Banana Bread Recipe”
I agree this is def the best recipe! But when I made it it wasn’t as good as yours!! 😅
LikeLiked by 1 person
I made used your banana bread recipe today and you’re right, it’s the best! I can’t wait to try more of your recipes!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yay! Thank you so much, I’m so glad you enjoyed it! 🙂