Today I am sharing my recipe for the BEST chocolate chip cookies!!
How to make these cookies perfect:
- For ultimate chewy cookies, do not overbake them! They will cool and harden! Bake them for the correct time listed below, until golden brown.
- Spoon and level your flour. You don’t want crumbly dough!
- Leave your butter out for about 2 hours before making these cookies, for room temperature butter. Do not microwave the butter to soften it. You can use melted butter if you want crispier edges.
- You can refridgerate/freeze the dough you don’t use! Simply set it out a few hours before baking them to thaw.
1 cup of butter, softened to room temperature (If you use salted butter, omit the salt.)
3/4 cup of white sugar
1 cup + 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
3 cups of flour
1 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of baking powder
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of salt
1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until nice and fluffy, for about 2-3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and fold them together until combined. Then add the rest of the flour and mix until it forms a nice dough. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- You can use two parchment paper lined baking trays, or just one and freeze the rest of the dough. Roll the dough into balls the size of your liking. I do about 2 tablespoons. Place them at least 2 inches apart so they don’t stick together.
- Bake in your preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes or until the edges are just starting to turn golden brown.
- Let them cool and enjoy!
If you make these, please let me know how they turn out! 🙂