Today I am sharing a recipe for brown sugar frosting! I have only made this recipe a few times but it is definitely a favorite. Instead of being sweetened with only powdered sugar, we use a brown sugar ’syrup’ (that yes, we will be making from scratch) which gives it a golden flavor. It is then mixed in with regular buttercream! This frosting pairs perfectly with almost any type of cake, and is honestly good enough to enjoy on its own.
Also, thank you for bearing with me these last couple months! I started high school a few weeks ago and it has been pretty hectic. I hope to get into more a schedule soon as I adjust ❤
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 3 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- In a small saucepan, melt together the milk and brown sugar until the brown sugar is completely dissolved, about 6-8 minutes. Stir constantly over medium heat for best results.
- Cream together the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt until it resembles a buttercream. Slowly beat in the *cooled* brown sugar mixture.
- Frost and enjoy!!