Hey everyone! This will be my last post until summer time. I have been busy and it is important to me to prioritize my studies over baking (it has been hard to do that though!). Once summer comes, I will have a lot more time to bake, test, and post recipes! 🙂 I can’t wait to get into more of a schedule soon. My family is also moving so it is hard to bake in an empty kitchen.
Anyways, this brownie brittle seriously tastes like a brownie, except with a crunchy texture. I’m not a brownie-person, but these crispy and decadent pieces of chocolate goodness have definitely made a convert out of me.
The bark on its own is not very sweet, and tastes a bit more like dark chocolate. Thats why I drizzled milk chocolate on top of them, to balance out the flavor and sweetness. I would only use Toll House, or Ghirardelli chocolate chips, not Trader Joes ones. For me, the Trader Joes ones were difficult to melt, and they were too dark for me. Toll House or Ghirardelli works great!
I made this recipe last year and have just been waiting to share it! I have finally perfected it and I hope you love it!
- 2 tbsp of butter, softened
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon hot water
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (for drizzle)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the butter and chocolate chips until just melted, stirring after each increment.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and sugar (while hot/warm) until combined.
- Add the egg white and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, salt, and baking soda until well combined.
- Spread onto your prepared pan (lined with parchment paper and preferably buttered too) until completely coated and very thin (potato-chip thin).
- Bake for 15-16 minutes.
- As soon as you remove from the oven, cut with a knife into desired-sized pieces. They will harden as they cool.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top if desired!
- Allow the brownie brittle to cool/harden completely before enjoying.
Enjoy! If you make this please let me know what you think 🙂
See you all in the summer!!
Also please note that I will not be posting keto recipes, so do not ask. Baking is a science. If you want real recipes with butter, sugar, cream, and milk, you are in the right place ❤