Today I am sharing how to make the best, moist, and easiest s’mores cupcakes! I mentioned this in my s’mores fudge post; s’mores are delicious but they can be hard to make. There are always mosquitos around the fire pit, and the marshmallow always catches on fire. These cupcakes are so easy to make (one bowl), and are just as delicious.
To make these like s’mores, I use a (super moist) chocolate cupcake base, a graham cracker crust, and a creamy, fluffy marshmallow frosting. You can also fill it with chocolate ganache for an even more decadent treat.
I made these cupcakes for my dad’s birthday; happy birthday dad!
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of milk, or buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 1/2 cup of hot water
For the crust:
- 1 1/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 5 1/2 tablespoons of butter, melted
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened to room temp
- 7 oz of marshmallow fluff (I use jet puffed)
- 1 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon of fine salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter together to form a crust. Place a tablespoon in each cupcake cup (12 count) and firmly press down.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. One combined, make a dome in the dry mixture and add the milk, egg, and canola oil. Mix well. Then, add the hot water and gently stir.
- Divide the batter between the cupcake liners, about 2/3 full. You may have a little extra batter, I like to refrigerate it and microwave some in a mug for an easy mug cake! Bake for about 18-22 minutes or until set.
- To make the frosting, cream together the butter, salt, vanilla and powdered sugar until combined. Add the marshmallow fluff and mix on low until combined. Then add heavy cream.
- Frost and enjoy!