I recently started school, virtually. We all know that the first two days of school are spent talking about yourself, and your summer. For one particular activity, we had to make a photo collage that describes you. I was looking up photos of baked goods to add, and I came across a photo of these Oreo brownies (from Sugar Spun Run). Of course, I was drooling over them so I knew I had to make them later that day.
Today I’m sharing a recipe for one bowl brownies, stuffed with Oreos! These brownies are rich and decadent, and fudgy. I also share a few tips on getting flawless brownies each time! These brownies have the crackly tops like the boxed ones do, except made with all natural ingredients. This recipe has become my new favorite, and I’m sure it will become yours!
I decided to incorporate Oreos inside these brownies, because I am personally not a fan of brownies alone. I used 21 Oreo cookies in todays recipe, but you can certainly use less if you like more of the brownie part.
Tips for these brownies:
- Use room temperature eggs, so the chocolate and butter don’t solidify.
- Do not cut into these until cooled completely, or you’ll have a goopy, and hot mess. I cut into them when they were still warm, so the brownies pictured are a bit crumbly!
- Grease the pan with butter instead of cooking spray. I’m just saying this because I haven’t tested this with the spray, and I have heard using spray can prevent your goods from rising properly.
- 12 tablespoons of unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 3/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 cup of flour
- 21 Oreo cookies, broken into quarters.
- 1/3 cup of semisweet chocolate chips (for filling)
- Butter and line a 9×9 square pan with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt together the chocolate (1/2 cup) and butter in 15 second intervals, until melted and combined. Add the cocoa powder and stir. Then, when the bowl is cool, add the sugars and whisk until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring vigorously for 45 seconds in between each one. Then add the vanilla, salt, and 1/4 cup of the Oreo pieces.
- Add the flour and stir just until combined, do not over mix.
- Add half the batter to a prepared pan. Sprinkle the rest of the Oreo pieces over it, then add the rest of the batter.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the brownies cool completely in the pan before cutting.