Today on my blog, I’m sharing my go-to vanilla cupcake recipe along with a creamy peanut butter frosting! Whenever I make vanilla cupcakes, I normally pair them with a vanilla or chocolate buttercream, and sometimes a cream cheese one, but recently I tried my peanut butter frosting recipe on vanilla cupcakes and well… it was a perfect match.
The peanut butter frosting is not too sweet, but it will remind you of a peanut butter cup! The frosting recipe frosts EXACTLY 12 cupcakes. Make sure that your butter is softened or else there will be clumps in the peanut butter frosting.
Well I hope you enjoy today’s post! I made a video to go with this too!
1 1/3 cups of flour, spoon and leveled
1 teaspoon of baking powder
¼ teaspoon of salt
½ cup (one stick) of butter, softened to room temp
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
1/2 cup of whole milk
3/4 (one and a half sticks) of butter, softened. (you should be able to stick your finger in with no problem)
2 cups of powdered sugar
2/3 cup of peanut butter, left at room temp for 30 min
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 count cupcake pan with cupcake wrappers.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until sugar is completely mixed in, about 1 minute on medium speed then add eggs one at a time. Once combined, stop, do not overmix!
- Add half the flour mixture, and mix just till combined. Then add the milk, stir, then the remaining flour mixture. Stir until no flour pockets remain.
- Scoop the batter (it will be a LITTLE bit doughy, it’s fine!) into the cupcake wrappers. You can use a spoon or for a quicker way, use an ice cream scooper.
- Bake for 15 minutes but oven types vary, you may need to add a few more minutes. Allow the cupcakes to cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting, cream together the softened butter, and the 2/3 cup of peanut butter. If there are clumps of butter, cream it on high until they are combined. Add 1/2 of the 2 cups of powdered sugar at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract, salt, and milk and cream at medium until combined.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes and enjoy!!