When you first hear, “3-ingredient” cookies, it may not sound appetizing. BUT these are not what you think they are. The only ingredients are peanut butter, sugar, and an egg. A regular peanut butter cookie almost tastes like a regular sugar one, with a hint of peanut butter. However, this cookie is bursting with peanut butter, yet at the same time it is chewy and sweet.
The process is so easy! This uses only one bowl and you don’t need to mix certain ingredients together! It also only make 12 cookies (which will disappear within a few minutes if you have 5 people in your family like me!) and it is not as unhealthy compared to other desserts.
They are just too good. I would recommend softening the peanut butter a little bit because it can be a but hard to mix. Maybe pop in the microwave for 5-10 seconds. If using almond butter, don’t soften it. For my upcoming weekly posts, I will try to include recipes have simple ingredients. I understand that it is hard to make a trip to the grocery store right now.
Also one more thing before I get started: This post is dedicated to my little cousin, Henry! You may not remember but a while ago we made these cookies together and it inspired me to create this post! ❤
Makes one dozen cookies, 15 minutes
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Roll into tablespoon-sized balls onto a parchment paper lined baking tray. Work quickly, the dough gets sticky! If you are using almond butter, it will be more like a thick batter. You may even want to use a spoon to scoop onto the sheets.
- Press into the balls with a fork to create a lace decoration.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let sit on the pan for at least 20 minutes. Do not skip this step or the cookies will break. They need to cool to become more “firm”.
Well what did you think? Comment below with any questions; or share your experience! (or comment anything I don’t really care 🙂 )