Today I will be sharing my go-to breakfast! This crepe recipe has been one of my most used breakfast recipes for almost a year now. The crepes come out flawless and they are incredibly easy! With just a few ingredients, you can get 7 crepes in just 30 minutes.
This is a small-batch recipe (7 crepes) but you can certainly double it to make more 🙂
- Nutella and Strawberries
- Butter & Sugar (fill with it!)
- Ham and Cheese (omit sugar)
- Maple Syrup
- Bananas and Nutella
- Whipped cream
- Orange/Lemon zest (add to the batter)
I hope you enjoy this recipe! I hope this recipe can be a staple in your kitchen like it has in mine!
- 1/2 cup of flour (preferably sifted)
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar (omit if making savory crepes)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla (omit if making savory crepes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of melted butter, completely cooled
- Cooking spray or oil for cooking
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the flour and sugar.
- Once combined, add the egg and half the milk. Once they are combined (you will have a thicker batter, don’t worry!)
- Add the rest of the milk, and add the water and vanilla.
- Once incorporated, add in the melted butter and stir well.
- *Optional* chill your batter for 30 minutes if you are making this for the first time! It can be hard to flip these but chilling them helps!
- Heat your pan to medium heat and lightly brush some cooking spray or oil on your pan.
- Pour 1/4-1/3 cup of batter onto the hot pan and quickly swirl the pan around until the batter completely covers the pan. Wait until the edges turn light brown or the top begins to slightly cook before flipping.
- Flip the crepe and wait another 30 seconds-1 minute. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Once your crepes are ready, they are ready to serve! You can be creative with all different types of fillings and toppings.